Thursday, February 25, 2010

I will hold you
to my heart
my love

I will gather you
to me
every broken bit
of dream
and soul
and heart
as you shed
the tears
and words
that have worn you
from whole
to pieces

I will hold you
to my heart
my love
in my heart

I will press my lips
against your pain
with fierce compassion
my embrace absorbing all
that makes you
wounded
aching
weary
until it turns
to whole
and hopeful
burned to beauty
by my love

I will free you
set you free
to wander on
the long-forgotten paths of joy
with laughter
in your smile
and step

But always
I will hold you
in my heart
my love
will hold you
love

4 comments:

Black Iris said...

Did you write this yourself?

raveninthewolfden said...

stumbled upon your blog.. I love this.. and look forward to seeing more posts.. shall i follow?

Unknown said...

Agility

The strong storm will break the mighty
oak; however, the willow will
survive all storms though its
percieved as fragile. The willow will
survive in that it's agile.

Bret Michael Carpenter

Ivan E. Johnson said...

that was really good, i hope to see more stuff from you in the future