Friday, March 02, 2007

Two guys are talking to each other, and one of them says he has a question for God. He wants to ask why God allows all of this poverty and war and suffering to exist in the world. And his friend says, "Well, why don't you ask?" The fellow shakes his head and says he is scared. When his friend asks why, he mutters, "I'm scared God will ask me the same question."
Over and over, when I ask God why all of these injustices are allowed to exist in the world, I can feel the Spirit whisper to me, "You tell me why we allow this to happen. You are my body, my hands, my feet."
Taken from Resurrecting Church, a chapter in Shane Claiborne's book Irresistible Revolution

1 comment:

Lane Coursen said...

I love you and I miss you...and your little dog too.

I'm going home to Kansas for 3-4 months at the begining of April...so we must hang out before then :)